Clever name? I know dairy is one of the hardest things to cut out of your diet, me included. Cheese is one those things that is always a staple for comfort food. As much as I loved cheese is was reeking havoc on my body so I had to cut it out. I have finally perfected the perfect cheese recipe that includes a vegetable. Which basically makes this guilt-free cheese!
Switching from the ninja blender to a Vitamix has changed my entire plant-based life. You can make this sauce in any blender just don’t get discouraged when it’s not extremely smooth. Another game changer is nutritional yeast. You can sprinkle this on literally everything. It is really good for you and it tastes AMAZING. I made this recipe for mac and cheese and ended up using 24 oz of noodles and it made about 10 portions. If you want your mac and cheese more cheesy then I would only use 12 oz of pasta.
1 full-size butternut squash
2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
3 garlic cloves
1 cup soaked cashews
1 cup water
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- Roast 1 large butternut squash whole at 350 degrees for one hour.
- While you are roasting your squash, soak your 1 cup of cashews in warm water.
- Gather your spices and garlic to be ready when your squash is done roasting.
- After the squash is done, let cool. Then peel and scoop out the seeds.
- Dump everything in your blender and blend until smooth.
- Then you have Cheese! You can put this on macaroni, tacos, and nachos.