When I think of sloppy joes I think of family time. That was one of me and my two brothers favorite meals. It was quick and we got to laugh as the filling fell out of our burgers. I wanted the same feeling but a lot healthier.
The bread I use here I get from HEB. It is so good and not grainy like most gluten-free breads. You can add any toppings you want. It really is such a simple and easy dish!
1 pound of carrots
1 bottle of BBQ sauce (check the ingredients!)
1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
3 garlic cloves
Buns or any bread
- Chop your carrots super small or stick in the food processor. You can use a cheese grater if you absolutely don’t have anything else but you might be there for awhile!
- Heat your pan to medium and chop your onion and garlic. Sautee the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add your chopped carrots.
- Pour your BBq sauce and turn the heat down a little lower and let simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- You can add this to any bread you’d like! Enjoy!