Okay, so the reason I called this part 1 is that there are SO many ways to make curry. I make curry all the time so I will definitely share other ways I make it. What you will always need is canned coconut milk. Don’t even try the boxed coconut milk, it’s awful. This recipe is great for when you have random vegetables left over and have no clue what to do with them but I have a set recipe if that’s more your style. Curry is amazing with rice or quinoa, I like to mix it up. Scroll down to get the ingredients and instructions!
2 sweet potatoes
4 cloves garlic
1 red bell pepper
1/2 pound snow peas
2 cans coconut milk (full fat)
2-3 tablespoons of curry powder (add more if you like a stronger taste)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat your pan to medium heat and put in 1 tablespoon of oil. Also, start your rice or quinoa so it will be done at the same time.
- Chop your onion and your garlic and add to the heated pan. Sautee these until the onion becomes more clear (about 5 min). If there is not enough oil you can always add more or add a little bit of water at a time.
- Chop all your veggies into bite size pieces and throw in the pan. let these cook about 5 minutes.
- Add all your spices to the pan.
- Add both cans of coconut milk and continue to cook another 10-15 minutes or longer, depending on how soft you like your vegetables.