I love this recipe because its delicious (duh) and it wont give you a crash like the usual breakfast meals. You can double this recipe and eat on it all week. You could add tofu or any kind of protein you would like. I used this JUST Sriracha mayo instead of cheese which gives it the kick it needs.
1 yellow squash
6 corn tortillas
cherry tomatoes (about 10)
3 garlic cloves
1/2 purple onion
dinosaur kale (any kale or spinach will work)
Baby bella mushrooms (about a handful)
1 can black beans
1 Sriracha mayo
1 tsp salt
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
Olive oil or vegan butter
- Chop all your vegetables. I suggest cutting the kale into shreds, it makes it easier to eat and easier to soak up the seasoning
- Add your chopped onion to a medium heated pan and let the onions cook about 2 minutes, then add the rest of your vegetables.
- While those are cooking, start pan frying your tortillas. You can skip this part but it adds a really nice crunch. You can use olive oil or vegan butter to fry the tortillas. I cook them on a little higher than medium heat and maybe for 2-3 minutes on each side. Just watch to see if they are browning and then its time to flip them.
- After your veggies have cooked about 5-7 minutes add the chopped garlic, spices, and black beans. Then let them cook another minute or two
- When you are ready to assemble, add a tsp or tablespoon of the mayo and then add your veggies on top.