Tacos are such an easy dinner to whip up and fun to enjoy! I also love this recipe because you can use up any vegetables you need to cook before they go bad. I topped the tacos with red cabbage and salsa. The tacos are filled with beans but i still put refried beans on the side. Beans are just so good! If you want a lower carb meal you could add this mixture on top of lettuce and let the salsa be your dressing.
2 cans of chickpeas
1 purple onion
1 yellow squash
1 red bell pepper
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika (i use smoked paprika which is AMAZING)
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2-1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 bunch of cilantro
3 cloves garlic
2 teaspoons of salt
1 package of corn tortillas or gluten free tortillas
- Chop your onions and add a tablespoon of olive oil (or any oil you have). Add your chopped carrot and let these two cook for a few minutes or until the onions get translucent.
- Chop the squash and bell pepper and add them to the pan.
- Add all the spices to the pan.
- Open and drain the chickpeas and add the cilantro on top, continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes.
- You can microwave your tortillas or lightly fry them in a pan with olive oil.
- Top with anything you want and enjoy!