I loveeee any dish with gravy and potatoes. This dish is the ultimate comfort food. I used gluten free flour to make my gravy but you can use regular flour if you can do that. I try to be as naturally gluten free as I can but this flour is AMAZING for any of your baking needs. I didn’t add the black lentils to this picture but black lentils are the trick to a nice meaty but vegan Shepard Pie. Read below for instructions and ingredients!
3-4 garlic cloves
1/4 teaspoon sage
2 cups of peas
1/2 cup cooked black lentils
1 case button mushrooms
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 purple onion
2 tablespoons of gf flour
1 cup veggie broth
1 tablespoon of safflower oil (or whatever oil you prefer. Safflower oil has a high heat temperature)
If you want the mash potatoes on top go back to my last post to get the recipe!
- Start by chopping half your onion and adding your oil to your pan and turn it to medium heat. Then pre-heat your oven to 350 F.
- Chop your carrots and mushrooms and add to the pan along with your cooked onions.
- Add your peas, your cooked lentils, your seasonings and let those simmer. Add your chopped garlic at the end. It makes for a much better flavor and then you get the added benefits. Let everything cook for another 5 minutes or so.
- Pour your cup of broth to the heated pan. Then add your flour. Mix well. Let the broth come to a boil and this should allow for the gravy to begin. Stir for a few minutes for it to thicken. If it has not thickened after 5-10 minutes, you can add more flour. Only add a tablespoon at a time.
- Add the mix to a cooking pan. Around 8X8. Honestly whatever fits best, add the mashed potatoes on top and cook for 25 minutes.