Okay, I had this sandwich in Austin, TX at this restaurant called holy rollers. I loved it so much I went straight home and re created it…okay the next day. I changed a few things to my liking and I can honestly say this is the best sandwich I have ever had. Now if you’re reading this thinking I am crazy for putting beets on my sandwich or even just eating them, this sandwich will change your life. I toasted the bread but it works cold as well but it is much better warm. Look below for ingredients and instructions!
1-2 tablespoon of vegan or regular butter
3 large beets
1 slice vegan cheese
multi grain bread
2 tablespoons mustard/ horseradish
4 tablespoon vegan mayo
- Peel your beets and pop them in the oven at 350 for an hour. This can be done at anytime or even the day before.
- Once the beets are roasted chop into bite size chunks and set aside while your doing the other things.
- Cut the onion into slices and put butter in pan. Let the onions cook for 5-10 minutes or until they become translucent.
- While onions are cooking, mix your mayo and horseradish.
- Toast the bread either in the toaster or on your pan that you cooked the onions in.
- Put one slice of cheese on your bread, put your sauce on top, add the onions and the beets.