I stayed away from pasta for so long because it always hurt my stomach and never kept me full. My life changed when chickpea pasta came! I am also excited to announce that if you are local to the natural living co-op in league city, then you can buy chickpea pasta in bulk. UMMMM yes! This vegan Alfredo sauce is my version of Maya Sozers “Easy Vegan Breakfasts & Lunches”. This book is AMAZING and I love every recipe that has come out of this book.
So this pasta is filled with protein and wont bother any allergy you may have. Make sure not too cook for too long or else it will be a little mushy but other than that, the texture is awesome. I just roasted any vegetable I had leftover in the fridge and tossed everything together.
1/2 cup Nutritional yeast
1 cup cashews
2 cups almond milk (unflavored)- add more or less depending on consistency
3 garlic cloves ( for the sauce)- peel and throw into blender
1 tsp salt
juice form 1/2 lemon
1/2 tsp pepper
Left over Vegetables ( if you don’t have leftover veggies then asparagus, onion, mushrooms, zucchini, and peas would be great!)
- Soak your cashews for a couple hours or right as you’re prepping. Soaking them helps the digestion. Sometimes I forget to soak them before so I will soak them while I prep.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop all of your veggies into desired size and put into a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of desired oil (safflower oil is an awesome oil for roasting). Then cook for 20-30 minutes.
- Once your veggies are cooked gather your ingredients for the sauce and place in blender. Pour sauce over your veggies in a pan and mix.
- Cook the noodles according to the box. Once cooked add the noodles to the pan of veggies and sauce and stir.