This meal is super easy and quick to put together. Honestly you can add whatever beans you want but I think kidney beans and pinto beans add the best flavor. I use chilis in adobo sauce, the flavor the chilis give is AMAZING. I love this recipe and I hope you do too!
2 can pinto beans
1 can Kidney beans
1 can roasted red tomatoes (I added 2 fresh tomatoes from my garden as well)
1 can of chili in adobo sauce (use 2 chilis out of the can)
1-2 sweet potatoes
1 purple onion
1 bell pepper
2- 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1-2 teaspoon cumin
4 garlic cloves
2 celery stocks ( you can leave this out if you don’t want to buy an entire stock for one meal)
1-2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 cups of homemade or store bought broth
- Get a medium-large pot and put it on medium heat. Add your olive oil and add chopped onion. Let them cook until the onion is translucent.
- While those are cooking, chop the rest of your vegetables.
- Drain and rinse all three cans of beans. Rinsing helps with digestion.
- Add all your chopped vegetables and garlic and cook for a minute or two.
- Add veggie broth.
- Add your spices and adobo chili.
- Once everything is added, simmer on low heat for 30 min to an hour. If you are in a rush you can do shorter but just allow enough time for the sweet potatoes to get soft.
- You can add rice, or tortilla chips on top with or without cheese.