Lasagna is amazing anytime. This is filled with tons of vegetables and a great meal to wind down with. I topped this with fresh spinach and this added freshness to complete it! The gluten free lasagna noodles are a little hard to keep soft but I share a few tips. If gluten is not an issue for you then feel free to just get any type of lasagna noodle. Enjoy!
2 Jars of clean butternut squash pasta sauce ( you can make your own but that will take a lot more time)
1 box of gluten free oven ready lasagna noodles
1 bunch of spinach for the topping
1 sweet potato
1 package of tempeh
1 yellow onion
1 small eggplant
1 green bell pepper
1-2 garlic bulbs
1 cup soaked almonds (soak them for an hour, if you don’t have time just give them a good 10 minutes. The longer you soak the better it is on your stomach and the almonds soften up but I always forget)
1/2 cup water (can add more to make a smoother consistency)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1-2 garlic bulbs or 1 tsp garlic powder
Instructions for ricotta: blend everything in the blender and add liquid as needs until smooth.
- Soak your almonds while you prep everything. You could even soak them overnight if you’d like!
- Pre heat oven to 350F
- Cook all of the veggies and tempeh for about 5-10 minutes on medium heat in a pan with an oil of your choice. Best way to cook veggies is to start with your onion, let that cook while you chop your other veggies into bite size pieces, then add those. Add garlic in the mid way point for more flavor. Then lastly add your tempeh.
- To layer the lasagna I start with a thin layer of butternut squash sauce. Add noodles to cover. Add more sauce, the filling, and then the ricotta. Repeat. Noodles, sauce, filling, and ricotta.
- You can add any vegan cheese or regular cheese to the top for extra flavor.
- Cook for 45 minutes COVERED. You can put foil on top. The reason is to keep the moisture inside and make the noodles nice and tender.